NLBA Umpires Needed
UpdatedTuesday January 5, 2021 byNLBA.
The NLBA is in need of umpires at all levels. Detail listed below, please contact Michael Lahr firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
- Send your name, complete address, email address & cell phone number to: email@example.com
- Indicate your level of experience: rookie, 1 year experience, 2 years experience etc...
- Go to our website & start watching the instructional videos - leaguelineup.com/lincoln-wayumpires the Forms section - here you will find in-house & travel rules, the pay scale as well as close to 30 instructional videos for you to watch & learn.
- Start studying the videos on the website.
- Get your equipment - Sports Huddle in Lockport offers 15% off if you mention to Mike the owner that you work for me. Otherwise go online or to Play It Again Sports to find what you need.
- There will be plenty of games available for each umpire to officiate. The NLBA has in-house leagues from Pinto (7 - 8 year olds) all the way up to Collegiate (19 - 24 years olds) as well as full & part time travel teams from 7u through 14u. The in-house season also includes a full round of playoffs & all star games.
- We also have the Celtics organization, a couple of organizations in Joliet, one in Manhattan & one in Orland Hills as well as several individual teams. The Celtics have full-time travel teams from 9u through 14u. The Celtics also host some full-time travel tournaments – throughout the year
- Finally after a short summer break running from early August to Labor Day there will be a fall ball season consisting of in-house teams from Pinto through Palomino (17 - 18 year olds). This season usually lasts 7 weeks from Labor Day through mid to late October.
- There will be plenty of options for each of you to umpire as many or as few games as you desire. I don't personally take any games unless absolutely necessary. This organization is run for the youth of the Lincoln-Way area as a means to make some spending money officiating the great game of baseball (& softball) that we all love.
Thank you & welcome aboard